The cooling and tempering of different media for metal processing – such as grinding and cutting oils, emulsions, cooling water, and hydraulic oils – are among the main applications of our Schmidt-Bretten SIGMA plate heat exchangers.
Thermal processing in metal construction uses quenching baths, which are filled with either oil or water. Since the heat generation is mostly higher than the bath is capable of absorbing through natural convection, the bath content must undergo a forced cooling process. That’s where the high efficiency of our plate heat exchangers can also play a role.
In times of ever-increasing energy costs, customers working with steel and metals can count on API Heat Transfer to deliver efficient heat recovery solutions.
- Cooling of cutting and grinding oil
- Tempering of drilling, milling, and planing emulsions
- Cooling of machine cooling water
- Hydraulic oil cooling
- Cooling of oil/water quenching bath
- Cooling of ingot mold water
- Cooling of continuous casting systems
- Cooling of coking plant/stripping water
- Cooling of emulsions
- SIGMA gasketed plate heat exchangers
- SIGMATWIN double-wall plate heat exchangers
- SIGMADUAL semi-welded plate heat exchangers
- SIGMAWIG all-welded plate heat exchangers
- SIGMASHELL plate and shell heat exchangers
- Basco standard and custom shell and tube heat exchangers