Schmidt® SIGMATEC Dealcoholization Systems
Our Schmidt SIGMATEC Dealcoholization System has been designed for the dealcoholization of wine and beer. With experience in brewing that dates back more than 130 years, our SIGMATEC process represents another successful development in our line of Schmidt thermal systems. This new procedure uses continuous vacuum rectification to ensure a gentle removal of alcohol for a quality and enjoyable end product.
Advantages of SIGMATEC Dealcoholization Systems
- Selective alcohol separation with minimal aroma loss
- Gentle dealcoholization using low temperature vacuum technology
- Complete dealcoholization to less than 0.1 % alcohol
- Optimum adaptability to different products and formulations
- Operation with hot water or steam
- Performance data: 4-100 hl/h and more
- Completely continuous and automatically controlled
- No effluent problems
- Industrial alcohol as subsidiary end product, ready for immediate marketing
After degassing, the product is preheated in our SIGMA plate heat exchanger and is then fed to the stripping section of a rectifying column.
The fluid flows down the column at a temperature between 43 and 48°C. Through counter flow, the product contacts rising vapors which bring about the selective separation of the alcohol from the product.
The alcohol free wine/beer is then fed from the bottom of the column into an evaporator. In the evaporater, vapors are produced, which are necessary for the rectification process. These are then redirected into the column. The completely dealcoholized product is pumped out of the plant via a cooler.
The alcohol rich vapors pass from the stripping section to the rectification section where they are concentrated to 75% alcohol.
In the patented Aroma Recovery Unit, aroma components are recovered and redirected into the wine/beer. The alcohol rich vapors are condensed, cooled to a low temperature, and stored in a tank in the form of industrial alcohol. The result is a saleable product, which can be marketed immediately.