For decades, our Schmidt-Bretten SIGMA plate heat exchangers have been successfully used in the chemical industry. We provide solutions for the most diverse applications, including the cooling and heating of base, intermediate, and final products; heat recovery; and the tempering of containers, reactors, and autoclaves.
Our solutions offer superior efficiency and operational safety, low capital outlay, and the ability to accommodate required capacity changes. Capabilities in CIP or mechanical cleaning, as well as the utilization of special materials for critical media, have made our plate heat exchangers an important component in chemical production processes.
For extreme temperature and pressure applications, our Basco custom shell and tube heat exchangers are available.
Thanks to our track record around the globe, we are a recognized leader within the chemical industry.
- Cooling and heating of acids and caustic solutions
- Cooling and heating at extreme temperatures and pressures
- Cooling of highly-viscous products (e.g. latex)
- Tempering and condensation of solvents (e.g. toluene)
- Cooling and heating of all kinds of pumpable chemical products
- Cooling of water circuits
- Condensation of exhaust vapors, steam and multiple-material mixtures
- Intermediate and economizer circuits with high levels of temperature similarity (Δt <2°C)
- Safety circuits to avoid contamination
- Evaporation systems for waste water and waste solutions
- SIGMA gasketed heat plate exchangers
- SIGMATWIN double-wall plate heat exchangers
- SIGMADUAL semi-welded plate heat exchangers
- SIGMACOAT gasketed heat plate exchangers
- SIGMAWIG all-welded plate heat exchangers
- SIGMASHELL plate and shell heat exchangers
- SIGMASTAR evaporation systems
- SIGMAVAP evaporation systems
- Basco custom shell and tube heat exchangers